Bowling Industry Online

The World's Only Online Magazine Devoted Exclusively to the Business of Bowling

If you think the reason people don’t bowl in your center during the summer is because it’s priced wrong than by all means lower your price. But if you determine your Center’s slower traffic is because of the nice summer weather price-cutting could actually hurt your business. It could turn your Center into a teen hang out with all the problems shopping malls have experienced, degrade your perceived product value and cut revenue when you need it most.

Alternatives we have used have been the advertised or bounce back reward promotions that give extra time, free shoes or a percent discount off our regular price. But we never degrade our original price structure to try and pack the house.
Try programs that you don’t offer during your peak season to lure in summer business and you’ll be surprised at how good your summer financially can be.
visit castlelanes.com or Castle Lanes on Facebook!

Views: 32

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Low open play prices make it hard to justify higher league rates.
I agree. I was once told, "Never give cash discounts or cash-back". I owned a 16 lane center for a short time and used a process that increased my summer business by over 300% the first summer alone. (Your experience may vary)
Year round, there was one color pin in every machine except for league play. I know, I know! Your saying to yourself, "I tried this". Chances are, you didn't try what I am about to suggest. Use a ticket tumbler and place tickets (at least 100) inside with ticket numbers representing numbers on a posted prize board. The bowler contacts the desk personnel when the color pin comes up in the #1 position. If a strike is bowled, the bowler reaches into the tumbler for one ticket. The number is matched to a corresponding number on the prize board. The bowler could win something as small as a 50 cent candy bar up to a brand new bowling ball (no cash). The difficulty level is determined by the number of tickets in the tumbler. (All ticket numbers must be listed on the prize board) Only one ticket for the bowling ball prize and each drawn ticket is returned into the tumbler keeping the odds the same. The bowlers loved it. There was always something on the board they wanted (watches, dinner for two at a local restaurant, movie tickets, etc.) and they always came back to try for it again and again. Prizes should be changed regularly to keep bowlers interest. Proprietors learn quickly what their bowlers like and these items are what needs to be placed on the prize board. This led me to continue this into the fall season.
If I ever own or manage a center again, this would be my first duty. This may not work for everyone but I'll bet it would work for most.
That sounds awesome! Stuff like that will bring people in. Thanks for the great idea.

Lonnie Mitchell said:
I agree. I was once told, "Never give cash discounts or cash-back". I owned a 16 lane center for a short time and used a process that increased my summer business by over 300% the first summer alone. (Your experience may vary)
Year round, there was one color pin in every machine except for league play. I know, I know! Your saying to yourself, "I tried this". Chances are, you didn't try what I am about to suggest. Use a ticket tumbler and place tickets (at least 100) inside with ticket numbers representing numbers on a posted prize board. The bowler contacts the desk personnel when the color pin comes up in the #1 position. If a strike is bowled, the bowler reaches into the tumbler for one ticket. The number is matched to a corresponding number on the prize board. The bowler could win something as small as a 50 cent candy bar up to a brand new bowling ball (no cash). The difficulty level is determined by the number of tickets in the tumbler. (All ticket numbers must be listed on the prize board) Only one ticket for the bowling ball prize and each drawn ticket is returned into the tumbler keeping the odds the same. The bowlers loved it. There was always something on the board they wanted (watches, dinner for two at a local restaurant, movie tickets, etc.) and they always came back to try for it again and again. Prizes should be changed regularly to keep bowlers interest. Proprietors learn quickly what their bowlers like and these items are what needs to be placed on the prize board. This led me to continue this into the fall season.
If I ever own or manage a center again, this would be my first duty. This may not work for everyone but I'll bet it would work for most.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stephanie Davis.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service