Reports from around the country indicate that cosmic bowling has picked up
as we get deeper into the season. Problem is that the season is about to
slow down and as the weather gets nicer so will your cosmic bowling.
Here are 9 secrets I use to keep our cosmic moving:
1. Make sure that your cosmic bowling has at least someone who can act as
a master of ceremony. If this person isn't on your staff, a local college
may have acting, communications or speech majors looking for a little
2. Try to encourage staff,working that night, to dress up in funny hats,
costumes or anything that the customer would see as "fun". Give out funny
red noses to customers. just because!
3. Run a few different contests like crazy bowl, music trivia contest and
red pin head pin or 3 6 9 strikes.
4. Conduct some 80's theme nights or 70's theme nights and give the
customer pricing that is 70% or 80% of your price
5. Direct mail every week. send out 300 to 500 postcards every week to
your 15 to 34 mailing list offering a $5 discount off your price. If you don't
have a list, go buy a list of people in this age category in your zip
codes who have shown some interest in sports, music or entertainment. Checkwww.Infousa.com
6. Send out emails every other Thursday (and Twitter) to tell your prime
segment about upcoming cosmic events in your center. Build the fun on
Facebook with questions about music and entertainment; and referencing
that correct answers will win a prize at your center during Cosmic night.
7. About once a month, hire a local band. Give them the gate ($5 to $10
per person) You keep the bowling, food and beverage proceeds.
8. Set up Facebook ads and budget about $50 per day for at least one week
to 10 days per month.
9. Look at your cable TV for great buys over the summer. Spots in good day
parts can be had for less than $20 in most markets (MTV, Comedy, E,
Cartoon, Spike, etc) advertise on Wednesday through Friday. minimum of 30
...And one more. Keep thinking of ways to make your cosmic more fun. Ask
your staff. Ask your customers.
"Party On and Profit On Dude!"